The International Horn Society
Prizes: $1250 for each division
The deadline for submissions: December 1, 2022
Featured Division Instrumentation
- Compositions for solo horn and keyboard instrument. Keyboard instruments may include piano, harpsichord, organ, electronic keyboard, or mallet percussion.
Virtuoso Division Instrumentation
- Compositions for Solo Horn (alone/unaccompanied)
- Compositions for Solo Horn with Vocal Ensemble
- Compositions for Horn Ensemble (two or more players, all horns)
- Horn with chamber ensemble of three or more players (one horn part only). The chamber ensemble may include any combination of electronic instruments, acoustic instruments and/or voices. Electronic instruments may be live or pre-recorded. Acoustic instruments may include Wagner Tuben.
- Solo Horn featured with large ensemble. The large ensemble may include any group of electronic, acoustic instruments and/or voices. Electronic instruments may be live or pre-recorded. Acoustic instruments may include Wagner Tuben.
Noia Harp Fest, Spain
The call is open to all composers of any nationality, without age limit. Each composer may submit one work, which must be original to the author and unpublished and not have been the result of a paid commission or awarded in another contest. It must not have been previously performed in a concert or public event.
The work presented will have a free theme and must be written for harp and orchestra (without electroacoustic devices).
The deadline for receiving the works will be until midnight on December 23, 2022.
Pirkanmaan Pinna ry
Kilpailun tarkoituksena on tuoda esille uutta musiikkia nuorisosinfonia- ja jousiorkestereille kolmeen eri tasokategoriaan.
- 2 500 euroa
- 1 500 euroa
- 1 000 euroa
impuls, Graz, Austria
The impuls Composition Competition is an international competition. Applying composers must not be born before 1988.
Application starts on October 31st, 2022 and ends on March 31st, 2023 (as last day all material has to arrive at the address given).
A jury consisting of composers, musicians and experts will nominate 4-5 composers. The jury´s decision will be published by summer 2023 on www.impuls.cc and notification will be given also to applicants by then.
The University of Illinois School of Music and Global Crossroads Living-Learning Community
The University of Illinois School of Music and Global Crossroads Living-Learning Community announce the 27th Annual Salvatore Martirano Memorial Composition Award.