loadbang 2024 International Composition Competition
New York City based contemporary music ensemble loadbang announces the 2024 International Composition Competition
Composers must submit:
– a work of chamber music written in 2018 or later for 2-7 players and/or singers, with or without electronics. It is recommended that the submitted work includes bass clarinet, trombone, trumpet, and/or male voice (though not required).
– A score (PDF) and recording is required (MIDI realizations are accepted though live recordings are preferred)
– CV (PDF required)
Rules and regulations
– This competition is open internationally
– There is no fee for participating in this competition.
– The deadline for submission is March 1, 2024.
– The winning composer will receive a prize of $1,000 as a commission to write a new piece, which will be premiered in New York City by loadbang.
– Tuition free participation and workshops with loadbang at the Longy School of Music’s Divergent Studio from June 24-July 6, 2024 in Cambridge, MA.