Call for works: Festival UNICUM
The Society of Slovene Composers
The Society of Slovene Composers is pleased to launch a call for works to be considered for the Festival UNICUM. All the concerts will be performed in October 2023 in Ljubljana (Slovenia) by renowned Slovene soloists and ensembles.
The pieces for the following ensembles are eligible within this call:
1. Saxophone Quintet
Soprano saxophone, alto saxophone, tenor saxophone, baritone saxophone (all combinations are possible)
We prefer pieces for a full saxophone quintet but allow also any other formation of 3 to 5 players.
2. Clarinet Sextet
B♭ clarinet, B♭ clarinet, E♭ clarinet (also B♭ clarinet), alto clarinet, bass clarinet, contrabass clarinet
We prefer pieces for a full clarinet sextet but allow also any other formation of 4 to 6 players.
3. Wind Quintet
Flute, oboe, clarinet, bassoon, horn
All compositions – all combinations from solo to quintet are welcome.
4. Brass Band – grade 4
Flute (1,2), oboe (1,(2)), E♭ clarinet, B♭ clarinet (1,2,3), bass clarinet, bassoon, alto saxophone (1,2), tenor saxophone (1,2), baritone saxophone, trumpet (1,2,3), flugelhorn or cornet (1,2), euphonium (1,(2)) – parts in violin and bass clef, horn (1,2,3), trombone (1,2,3) – parts only in bass clef, tuba, classical percussion (4 players max.)
– Duration of the pieces should not exceed 8 minutes.
– Every individual composer is entitled to submit up to 2 compositions.
– No electronics is available.
– All compositions – new and already performed are welcome.
– Priority will be given to works composed after 2017.
– Individual separate movements of larger works will not be accepted.
– Compositions already performed in any concert cycle of the Society of Slovene Composers will not be accepted.
Submission must be made online to the e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org via a PDF of the score.
Deadline for submission is Tuesday 30th May 2023 – 12:00 PM (CEST).