2021 The Second Hangzhou Contemporary Music Festival “Artinno Award” International Orchestra Composition Competition
2021 Hangzhou Contemporary Music Festival. Hangzhou Xihu District Artinno Town
Sponsored by Zhejiang Conservatory of Music and the People’s Government of Hangzhou Xihu District, Hangzhou Xihu District Artinno Town, and organized by the composition and conducting Department of Zhejiang Conservatory of Music, the 2021 Hangzhou Contemporary Music Festival ”Artinno Award” International Orchestral Composition Competition will be held in Zhejiang Conservatory of Music from October 19 to 23, 2021. As one of the activities of Hangzhou Contemporary Music Festival, the 2021 ”Artinno Award” International Orchestral Composition Competition call for outstanding orchestra pieces from young composers around the world.
The jury of the competition will select 6 outstanding winning works. These works will be performed by Zhejiang Symphony Orchestra at the final concert on October 23, 2021, and the judges will decide the final rank based on the live performances. At that time, they will select one first-prize winner and award 100000 RMB; two second-prize winners with an award of 50000 RMB; three third-prize winners with a bonus of 20000 RMB (all of the amounts are pre-tax).
The Composition Committee of the festival will provide a set of tickets for all the winners of the 2021 Hangzhou Contemporary Music Festival, and will be responsible for the landing transportation and accommodation of foreign winners during the festival (international travel expenses will not be covered).
1. There is no application fee.
2. The competition is open to composers from all nationalities, whether student or not, but only under 40 years old (born after 1981). Only one orchestra piece is allowed to submitted by an applicant (concertos are not allowed).
3. The duration of the submitted piece should between 10-12 minutes.
4. The instrumentation: 3 3 3 3/4 3 3 1/4 Perc. 1 Timp/14 12 10 8 6.
5. The submitted pieces must have not been performed before, and must be composed after 2020.
6. The applicants should provide an anonymous PDF score to the competition committee via email to firstname.lastname@example.org before July.15.2021. The applicants should also provide a scan of a valid ID, a personal photo in resolution higher than 1 M, phone number, email address, address, a short biography around 150 words and a short introduction of the piece around 150 words.
7. The selected finalists should attend the rehearsal and premiere concert(unless for special circumstances). The finalists should take another piece in any instrumentation under 10 minutes, the audio recording and score (PDF documents and 3 copies), which will be used in the opening master class in the afternoon of Oct.22, 2021.
2021 Hangzhou Contemporary Music Festival
Hangzhou Xihu District Artinno Town